If you smell LP gas, if you think you hear gas escaping, or if a gas detector is alarming,
LP gas can cause injury, death or property damage if it leaks and ignites. To prevent this, do the following:
Exposure to Carbon Monoxide (CO) can cause injury or death. To prevent this, do the following:
DO NOT attempt to relight any pilot lights. If a pilot light has gone out there may be a safety problem. Call your propane retailer at 888-488-3737 to relight all pilots or contact a qualified service technician to perform service or maintenance on you propane appliances
AVOID RUNNING OUT OF GAS. Safety hazards, including fire or explosion can result.
Close the service valve on your LP gas tank.Shut off all gas valves for appliances that use LP gas.
In addition to the attached documents, you can learn more about safety precautions that need to be taken for safe use of LP gas in your home or business at http://www.propane.com/residential/. This website contains a link to a product safety brochure and a product safety manual with extensive information on propane safety. To educate your kids on propane safety, go to http://propanekids.com.